Wailuku and Kahului Central Maui Restaurants
In historic Wailuku Town and Kahului you'll find many great places to eat with a special emphasis on local and Asian dining.
- Saeng's Thai Cuisine - Saeng's game hen's are noted for fresh and juicy goodness but the entire menu is several pages. With a full range of meat loving and vegetarian delicacies alike you can please the whole family. Fresh island vegetables add to the freshness.
2119 Vineyard St, Wailuku, HI 96793 - 808-244-1567
- Saigon Cafe - Saigon Cafe is a favorite of many Maui islander's. Boasting the most interesting and humorous servers anywhere on the island. The food is tremendously good as is the Vietnamese Coffees, (a special indulgent treat for coffee lovers). The clay pot cooked chicken is scrumptious.
1792 Main St, Wailuku, HI 96793 - 808-243-9560
- Cafe Marc Aurel - The classiest coffeehouse on the island has become a classy art, wine and cheese bistro with the quaintest atmosphere and a small menu that will leave you unburdened but lip smacking happy. In the heart of Old Wailuku Mark Aurelius is an established must-enjoy spot. Sometimes they are even open till 2am with quirky entertainment that could only happen here.
- The Hideaway - Right on the beach in Kahului, Eddie Rivera's hideaway is, like the name says, a place to hide away. The restaurant is has several dining rooms and is designed with locals in mind but Eddie, (who you may see behind the bar), is one of the friendliest and entertaining hosts you could hope to have. Eddie is extremely knowledgeable about historical Hawaii and Maui and has been a mover and shaker in the hospitality industry for several decades. The menu is huge, try everything!
- Queen Ka'ahumanu - Maui's largest shopping center offers a variety of food when your out shopping for Maui gifts and variety items. The food court boasts local as well as national food shops including Edo Japan, Paradise Cafe,Maui Mixed Plate, Maui Tacos, Panda Express and Korean BBQ. Downstairs you will find Koho's Bar and Grill a "Friendly's" like restaurant and Ruby's a 50'esque diner.
- Down To Earth - Maui's biggest health food store is on Dairy road on your right as you come from the airport to Kihei. They have a fresh and hot salad bar as well as a Deli and lunch counter. For organic and vegetarian meals as well as helthy food shopping to stock your condo, Down To Earth is the place to go.
We know you'll enjoy your stay and everyone here at Luana Kai Oceanfront Condo Resort is happy to help you with recommendations on favorite activities, restaurants, beaches and anything else you may want to find out. Aloha!