Activities: Maui Surfing and Surfing Lessons by Luana Kai Maui condo rentals resort.
Surfing on Maui
Maui is known as a world class surf spot and has remarkable breaks exclusive to the island. The fastest left break in the world called "Freight Trains" is at Ma'alaea harbor and one of the largest breaks in the world known internationally as "JAWS", is in Pi'ahi on the North Shore. At least two surfing records were set on a 68 and 70 foot wave here. Jet skis and wave runners have tow the surfers out beyond th ebreak and tow them onto the wave.
If you're not quite ready for that ultimate thrill, you can still ride waves on Maui down to about 6 inches. Ideal beginners spots line the South and West shores. Always remember, no matter how calm the ocean appears, never turn your back to it. Always take a buddy and catch up on the surf reports right here.
Maui is chock full of surf teachers... of course.
- Maui Surfing Lessons - Get the best price for your Maui surf lessons with the Maui Vacation Network. We have a large selection of vendors at the lowest prices. You're guaranteed to stand up on your first lesson!
- Maui Waveriders is right across from Kalama Park in South Kihei Maui. Founded by world renowned surfer Tommy Castleton, Maui Wace Rider offers fun and safe surf lessons with personal attention.
- Buzzy Kerbox Surf School - International Surf Champion Buzzy Kerbox's one and only surf school
- Maui Surfer Girls - Who say's girls can't surf? Not this overnight surf camp intensive for beginner and intermediate surfer GIRLS. Testimonials are included about this camp which has ten surf trainers all certified by the American Red Cross in first aid and CPR. Each instructor has completed lifeguard training and experienced at least ten years each with surfing and child instruction. The excellent Billabong Boarding School convenes twice each summer for two, two-week camps taught by Billabong sponsored pro surfers.
- Maui Surfing Instructors and lessons at mauisurf.com - A good list of reputable schools here on Maui.
- Big Kahuna - Maui's original surf school located in central Kihei. 2 hour guaranteed surfing lessons. Photo-shoot of your big day and free board rental for the rest of the day.
Surfing Spots and Reports
- BeachLook - Check out your favorite spots with all kinds of weather information links.
- MauiSurf.com - A resource for learning to surf... "without feeling like an idiot". Offers links to teachers, a Surfers Dictionary and a great FAQ.
- Surf Maps of The Hawaiian Islands - Detailed maps of all Hawaiian islands surf spots for purchase, including need to know surf break information on each spot.
- Hawaii Weather Today - Surfing - Updated daily surf reports by beach and height.
- Jono Knight Surf Reports - Live Maui web cams, wind speed reporting, and live buoy reports. Includes computer wave height forecasts, satellite imagery and general weather reports.
- Surf News Network - Detailed conditions on all islands updated twice daily with tide charts, height of waves and conditions.
Maui condo rentals resort, Luana Kai staff are glad to help you with recommendations on favorite activities, restaurants, beaches and anything else you may want to do on Maui. Aloha!